My Favorite Class

My Favorite Class

My favorite class at Durham Academy is Theater. Every class we play fun games and learn about improvisation. The best part is Ms. Brown. She makes everything more fun and brings enthusiasm and good energy every day. Some fun games we have played recently are Wah!, Slow Motion Samurai, The Bench Game, and The Advice Game. My favorites are The Advice Game and The Bench Game.

To play The Bench game, one person sits on a chair, while the other person playing tries to get them to leave without touching them. This is an improv game because you have to think of something funny to say quickly. In The Advice Game, 3 people sit in front of the class. One person asks a question and the 3 sitting people have to answer it. But one person answers the question right, one person answers the question half right, and the other person answers the question completely wrong. 

Another class I love is PE. Right now we are playing Field Hockey, which is my favorite sport. Ms. Ellis has put a lot of work into making PE fun for us. Our previous unit was dance. I take dance class twice a week, so this was really exciting to show off my skills. I love how many PE classes are fun and game filled. Thank you Ms. Ellis and Ms. Brown!